Posted: December 14, 2010
Partners with DiscoveryWe partner with local churches, ministries, and community organizations to offer their communities access to affordable, quality counseling. This partnership also allows these ministries, churches and organizations to reach out to their extended community. We strategically locate our centers in areas where multiple churches, ministries or organizations can utilize our services. Our unique relationships with churches and ministries of Central Florida and surrounding areas allow us to also provide a spiritual emphasis in our counseling. Throughout the counseling process, we encourage our clients' spiritual development and growth within the context of Christian community. To find out more about becoming a partner with Discovery Counseling, please email or call us. Some of our current partners include:
- Northland, a church distributed, Orlando: www.northlandchurch.net
- Summit Church: www.summitconnect.org
- First Presbyterian Church of Orlando: www.fpco.org
- h2o church:
- Eleos: www.eleos.org
- Multiple Sclerosis Society: www.nationalmssociety.org/flc
- Crossroads Church
- The Vine Community Bible Church:
- Provide mental health counselors or/and registered mental health interns who will counsel from a Christian perspective.
- Discovery will schedule all counseling sessions with the clients directly to ensure confidentiality.
- Verify that each counselor working at your church has, and maintains, the supervision required by law, and moreover, ensure the counselor is moving in the direction best suited for his or her clients.
- Ensure that each counselor is covered by professional liability insurance.
- Fees charged to the client will be collect by the Discovery Counselor with absolutely no obligation on the part of your church.
- Discovery Counseling will provide all operating systems necessary so as to operate the center, at your church, as if it were a stand-alone counseling center.
- From time to time Discovery will provide marketing handouts for your church to distribute to the members, subject, of course, to your approval.
- Provide an office, or offices, if more than one counselor is needed, to allow for the counseling services to be provided at your church.
- Allow for a reception area for clients to wait for their scheduled appointment as well as for them to fill out any paperwork when necessary.
- Inform your church members of the counseling services available. This can be done in any number of ways. Some possible ways would include: providing information on the counseling center in the weekly bulletin, brief discussion on Sunday mornings, inclusion of Discovery’s handouts in the bulletin periodically, allowing one of the counselors, to speak briefly on Sundays mornings or at any other suitable times, providing a link from your website to Discovery’s, as well as many other methods.
- Meet with a representative of Discovery Counseling from time to time to discuss this counseling center and ways in which to improve upon it.